Friday, February 11, 2011

Tea Time Anyone?

My little tomboy is getting girly on us. She got a tea party set for her birthday and she is in seventh heaven. She loves handing us plates with plastic cupcakes and feeding us with her play spoons. She loves pouring tea from her little teapot into cups for us to drink tea with her. We haven’t gotten to the point of everyone sitting at a table having tea time quite yet, but I know it is going to be one day soon. I can just imagine the Monkey and her baby, bear and doggie sitting at a table. You know what I’m talking about…the little tea parties you see on t.v. In a fancy dress with all of her play jewelry and tiara headband on, pouring tea to her friends and acting all old school proper. It makes me laugh just thinking about it.

I have never been a big tea drinker. I love my Great-Grandma’s tea. You sun brew tea outside in the summer and once it is done you add about two cups of sugar. That is the best tea there is! The hubby likes lemon green tea. Can we say absolutely disgusting… and this is from the girl that loves anything lemon. I never have been a hot tea person one bit.

Lately with the cold weather, I have been craving something warm to drink. Much over two cups coffee, gives me the jitters the rest of the day. I can’t drink decaf, it just doesn’t work for me so coffee is out. I love hot chocolate. That’s my favorite winter time drink. But, with watching what I drink, hot chocolate and my booty are too good of friends. Until I can convince said booty to become a little less clingy and needy to be hot chocolate’s best friend, that option is out too.

I came across some Lipton flavored green teas. I am very reserved about green tea. I just don’t seem to like it. I must not have a delicate enough palette for it or I don’t think I’m sophisticated enough to be a tea drinker. It smelled really good though, so I decided to get a box of mixed berry and give it a try. And the verdict is in….I like it. I’m not in love with it yet, but I actually want to drink it. I think it is going to take some time to really develop a taste for it but it isn’t bad. Plus it is warm which was the whole mission to begin with. I do have to let the tea bag sit in the hot water the whole time I am working on the cup to get more flavor into my tea and I have to try really hard to keep myself from putting sugar in it, but I’m trying to be healthy.

I am looking forward to going grocery shopping tomorrow and picking up a few more flavors to have a little variety in my days. Maybe peach…I love peach. Blueberry? Sounds potential good. Orange passionfruit sounds intriguing. We will see what mood I’m in tomorrow. I think I might be able to acquire a taste for it. There may actually be real tea time around our house soon. Now where can I find me a tiara headband at?

1 comment: