Monday, February 14, 2011

Hearts for You!

I don’t know what it is this year. It could be the cute hand-me-down Valentine’s outfits and the shirt I got Monkey on clearance the other day. It could be her little Car’s mailbox with Valentines and heart suckers in it for her to hand out on Monday at school. It could be the plain fact that I love my hubby with all my heart. Whatever the reason is this year, I am actually really looking forward to Valentine’s Day!

I have never been the biggest Valentine’s fan out there. I mean it is nice to go out for a nice dinner and have another special day besides Birthdays and our Anniversary to have some special hubby time. But we never go all out for Valentine’s Day. This year feels different though.

I have already planned our dinner. Penne Rustica (penne with bacon, shrimp, chicken, a few spices and lots of parmesan creaminess) and an insanely good looking new recipe I found for a Molten Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberries. It sounds so good …. I have already accepted the fact that it is going to go right to my booty and that it will take the next 15 years to burn off the calories that just one insy-bitsy, ooey-gooey bite contain but I don’t care. I am going to live in denial and be completely oblivious of any and all numbers on Monday calorie or otherwise and enjoy every bite! I even have a strange urge to make chocolate dipped strawberries. Never made them before but I think I am going to take a culinary stab at it.

Since my house cleaning mission is going to be complete thanks to all of the stolen motivation that I sucked through the computer as you all read my blog, I am looking forward to just enjoying my evening. Maybe a nice bubble bath while the Monkey takes a nap a luxury that has been non-existent these past few year, a nice movie cuddling with my hubby on the couch, and light a few candles since I never take the time to enjoy their beauty.

I know there is a lot of planning going on out there by family starting couples this next week. I know that people are going crazy over potentially having a little one with the birthday of 11/11/11 because who can’t admit that that would be pretty cool. However, no one get there hopes up out there….that is by no means in the thoughts circulating in our household! So no one needs to mark their calendar to expect a “little announcement” to be made in 3 months. Just a little romantic hubby time is in order. So with that…I hope everyone is looking forward to Hearts Day. May Cupid turn an arrow your direction or re-hit you with the love arrow if you already have a special someone. And may all of your baby-making mojo be directed to a different home then mine!


Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I was starting to get a little excited while reading that last paragraph! I'd love to see another little one, and watch Makenzie play at being a little mother!

    The evening sounds lovely, and very romantic.

    Definitely take that bubble bath! I can't wait to take one with the new tub gets done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you a "Stylish Award" on my blog! I enjoy reading your blogs! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete