Friday, February 11, 2011

It's Hard Work to Think About It...

I have been having deep thoughts. I have been having conversations about real intense, profound, and intelligent kinds of stuff with myself. The kinds of conversations that are so important and necessary that nothing else gets done but that’s ok because you are solving the world’s problems. Intrigued? Want to be clued in on the genius I have been conjuring up?

I have been making the most amazingly detailed lists. Lists about cleaning. Lists about the areas of my house that still need spring cleaned. What? You really thought I gave up on finishing my mission? Come on…I may take on new tasks quite quickly but I haven’t given up on this one quite yet. I have come a long ways from two weeks ago when we’ve started.
Main bathroom …. Done.
Laundry room…. Check.
Dining room…Crossed off.
Entry way and breakfast nook…Complete.
But you already knew about that…if you didn’t come on…get up to speed already!

Since those missions have been successful, we have gone through the Monkey’s room. Uncle Micah’s room now has room to sleep, a dresser to put clothes in, half of a closet floor and hanging space (that is as good as it gets) and as Monkey likes to demonstrate, room to do a little dance. We tackled the living room which now looks amazing. Christmas decorations are down for the year…that was sad. I love the way Christmas decorations make a house look. Monkey’s toy bins are once again full of toys versus the carpet toy bin that seemed to take over the two rooms. I even found room for my sewing table to move to the rooms with some of my favorite decorations on them. It fits in perfectly. I never thought to put it against the wall facing the fire place. I never thought it would actually work and I am so proud of my decorator’s brain. OH, OH… my new “curtain” for the porch door…so brilliant! I might just have to post a picture of that one.

See I worked really hard last week. Then the thinkin’ began. I’ve been processing the rest of the house. I have been working my brain overtime it’s ok I haven’t gotten any further. The areas that are done have stayed amazingly organized. That counts as hardcore cleaning for a week. Doesn’t it? I have progressed through my spring mission. Right? No. Not working on you either. Yeah, I know. I have dropped the ball this week. Procrastination monster took up residence in my cleaning bone. I am so close to being done … and I am just DONE! No more…I don’t want to finish. I have three rooms left! That’s it…our bedroom and bathroom, office and the kitchen. Three BIG rooms left. I know if I buckle down and just do it by Sunday I will be done.

I need a favor from everyone out there. I need you to send all of your motivation power to me for three days. I mean, come on. Who actually wants to be motivated over the weekend? It’s just three days…you can spare that. Is the sweet talking not working? Guilt always does it then… here we go: Didn’t your Momma teach you to share? Don’t you want me to accomplish my goal? Don’t you want to feel good knowing you helped me accomplish my spring cleaning before you have even started? It’s working isn’t it?

If nothing else, I can make you so tired you have no option but to give me your motivation. Here it goes: after I finish those three really big rooms, I still have to clean the breezeway, the shop, the horse trailer, all of my tack, touch up the cars, the outside of the house, the horse lot, the dog kennel, the pigeon and chicken coops, the….

1 comment:

  1. lol, just start the kitchen and before long, it will be done. same with the other rooms, 'cause they really aren't that messy! Give hubby some of the cleaning areas, like the breezeway, shop, where the cats are,...

    ReplyDelete