Thursday, January 27, 2011

Do Other People Really Do This?

Do other people really wash their walls?
I mean actually scrub down their walls?
Do you realize how nasty walls can get in the course of a year?

Does anyone else know that cleaning with 12 different cleaners is okay but you throw the 13th one in there and that is the one that will make you about pass out?
How many fumes can you inhale before it’s a bad thing?
What is going to happen to me after I have spent two hours in a bathroom working with said cleaners and fumes?

Do other people really think about this stuff? Do other people clean like this? Or am I just crazy? Because I totally could be….it wouldn’t shock me. Not one bit! And I don’t know if anyone would tell me or not…would they? Well, am I?

Obviously, the questions are swirling around in my brain last night as I tried to finish cleaning my first of two bathrooms. Maybe it was just the fumes. Or the boredom of scrubbing and scrubbing. Or maybe it is just the blonde brain mindlessly thinking. I know, I heard the gasp and chuckle…a blonde thinking …now we have done it!

I was busy once again last night putting the elbow grease to work. Monkey May fell asleep right after we got home. Since I know you all are jumping up and down to see list 2 here we go:

  1. Scrub toilets. Monkey’s daycare lady gave me some iron off stuff to try and it was absolutely amazing. Smelled horrible but it worked incredibly. She is an angel!
  2. Scrub the walls. All I have to say is there is way more grime on a horizontal surface than one would expect.
  3. Scrub and scrub and scrub the shower. Our shower was never really white even right after we bought the house. I have scrubbed it so many times and just can’t get it to shine. After about 2 hours on my knees, it looks the best it ever has. I can’t count how many brain cells I lost to chemical exposure…but the tub is sure pretty!
  4. Scrub the floors
  5. Scrub the door
  6. Wash the shower curtain and rugs
  7. Dust the pictures
  8. Clean the Light covers


Yay! Bathroom 1 complete. Jake was impressed when he got home. He said it looked amazing. I’m still not sure if that is a compliment to my cleaning skills or a jab at how dirty the bathroom really was. Needless to say, he was very impressed with how clean it really was!

I then, being oh so motivated, scrubbed the linen closet door and proceeded to organize it. I got all of the flannel winter sheets put away and found a more boy approved comforter for Micah to use. Somehow I don’t think he would be too thrilled with a quilted flower pattern. Oh, did I mention I found my rags I have been looking for since last spring. I swore Jake took them out to the shop. Shhhh…don’t tell him. He will never know that it was I who misplaced them.

Since Jake wasn’t home yet, I tackled the laundry room. Scrubbed the walls, dusted all the pumps and stuff, and cleaned the extremely dusty floor (I hope it was lint and not dirt because that would be oh so gross). Jake got the light globe down and while I scrubbed it, he changed light bulbs. It is amazing what a new light bulb does for a room. I am oh so proud of myself too! The water has been getting worse lately and come to find out the reverse osmosis machine wasn’t set. So I broke through the salt bridge, got it reset and on schedule so hopefully our water will be back to normal soon.

If that isn’t enough, I folded like 4 loads of laundry. Tired yet? I’m exhausted just recounting my evening. I am still so amazed at how normal clean my house was and how insanely sparkling and fresh smelling those few rooms are.

Tonight we get a break! We are driving to pick up my new mommy-mobile in Monument over 2 hours away. That is AFTER we get off work. Late night for my family! But we are excited to get it home and Jake and the Monkey can get the plates tomorrow so I can drive it this weekend! I am so excited! Oh yeah….and deep clean it too!

2 comments:

  1. you sound like you are having way too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I would go that far! You know, Ema is sure invited to make a trip out to Colorado and help a Monkey and me clean!

    ReplyDelete