Monday, March 8, 2010

Not a Baby Anymore!

I can't believe it has been 15 months already since we have been blessed with our little girl!
Wow, time sure does fly by fast, especially with a little one! I have been working on Kenzie's baby book and adding a stories and tidbits here and there. It is so amazing to look back over the last year and see how much she has changed, grown, and accomplished in such a short amount of time. Walking, talking, and generally keeping us on our toes every second of the day! I know, that neither my husband or myself would have it any other way. She is by far the absolute best thing to happen to our family!
And she is one smart cookie! Not only does she have quite the vocabulary of more than 20 words already, but she is already starting to string them together into small phrases. "Hiya Daddy." "Bye Daddy." Yes, we talk about Daddy CONSTANTLY! We only really want Momma when we are hungry. Jake tells me all she talks about is her Momma when he spends the day with her, but I think that is just to make me feel better. And we can't forget her favorite saying of all, "Come on guys!" Oh, how she loves to play with Ashton and Milla. And boy, does she make sure she is part of the action. They sure love their "Ba-Kenzie" too!
Not only is she running us ragged, it is amazing to see all the new little nuances that our little girl is picking up on to. Among others, she has to have all of her Lego animals to be standing upright as we play with them, starting to say "Vroom, Vroom" as we push the tractors around the floor, and being ready with the animal noise that comes next in the book as we read each night. I have to say the "Waddle, Waddle" for the penguins is my favorite. She even waddle, waddles her body as she says it!
Over the past year, as she reached her month birthday's we had a picture taken for our baby book. A special little momento for her. Well, and all of our family far away who don't get to see her on a regular basis. Even though, I am not the best about getting the photos send out right away, the thought was there and eventually everyone got their pictures even if they got 4 at a time. Or the other family members who have envelopes in my office with their names on them for the next time I see them. I am kindof organized. Kindof, sortof, ok, not really but I can dream...can't I?

So, I wanted to give everyone a little preview of some of our year's different looks.

Our first night in the hospital. Kenzie was already trying to hold her head up and look around!



One Month Photo!

Thanks to Uncle Micah with his help to get this shot! Because, boy was she crabby that evening and he did such a great job of getting her attention for me! Everybody just loved her Christmas Card/Birth Announcement Photo.


Two Month Photo!
Christmas at the farm with all of Jake's family. Grandma and Aunt Mel had to work hard for this smile!


Three Month Photo

Makenzie's Baptism. It was a very special day. Besides the obvious reasons, it was extra special because she wore the dress that both my Mom and I wore to our baptisms. Also, Makenzie is named after my great-grandma Ruth and shares her name along side my Mom and I as well. Besides, we have to give props to Pop...his photos don't always come out good...but this one is priceless!

Four Month Photo!
Our little cowgirl! Kenzie is sitting up (when she is propped up agains something) by herself. No wobbles at all!

Five Month Photo!
Oh how she loved to jump...and jump...and jump...and jump! Did I mention she liked to jump?

Six Month Photo!

I am so proud of them! Jake and Kenzie went by themselves to get her pictures by themselves. They did such a good job, her picture is on display at the Sears and it looks just precious!

Seven Month Photo! We are sitting up by ourselves so well now...we can even smile and play like this now!

Eight month photo! Oh...the naked baby. Gotta have at least one of these! At least our pony is keeping us company!

Nine Month Photo! This is by far my favorite picture of my little girl! She looks so sweet and adorable. This picture will always be special to me.

10 Month Photo! Its OFFICIAL! We are a Walker now! And oh so proud! Can't ya tell?

11 Month Photo! It wasn't Valentine's Day, the background just matched our dress. How can one look say so much? Trouble. Cutie pie. Trouble. Sweetheart. Trouble. Adorable. Trouble.

12 month photo! Oh, she is so not a baby anymore. She is actually turning into a little girl. Oh, that makes me so sad. Proud, but so sad. At least she still likes to cuddle. This Momma will be okay as long as she likes to cuddle.

Well, that is our baby girl's first year! So hard to believe. If this is a sign, I can't wait to see how this year turns out!

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, the last 2 month's photos make her look so big. I also have my favorites. The first being when she was a day old and you are holding her. Another one is when I am holding her at a month of age. And of course, I have a favorite that dad took of me and M at her baptism. Then I have a picture in my head of the time I was trying to put her to sleep and all she would do was to coo at me and make me laugh. I love the picture of have of her and Caden riding their "horses" with me. What a sweetheart. Miss you darling. Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have a pic that is her 2 month shot....Aunt Mel needs an updated pic please!

    ReplyDelete