Friday, February 19, 2010

Aaaahhhhh... So Comfy!

Wanna know a secret?
Really! Are you sure you can keep it quiet?
Don't really want a lot of people knowing.
Okay, come closer. Closer. Closer.
Okay, good. I'm going to whisper it to ya.
WE GOT A NEW BED!!!!

I am SO excited! Jake and I have been dreaming about this moment for just about 6 years now! Trust me, we would have made this purchase a long time ago but things kept coming up (buying a house, having a baby, you know, non-important things) and we never had the opportunity to just do it. So this past year, we decided as a Christmas present to each other we would splurge and make our purchase. Well, Christmas came and went. Santa must have thought we were bad little boys and girls because there was no bed under the tree when we woke up that morning.
While we were walking around the Stock Show, we stopped at the sleep number booth and took a little snooze-fest on the beds. I fell in love. Shhh...don't tell Jake. He's the jealous type. At the moment, the specials weren't bad but not great either. So not knowing when or if we would see each other again someday in the future, with eyes yearning for one last loving look, I said good-bye to the bed of my dreams.
A few weeks ago, the lady that talked to us at Stock Show sent us a flyer with their President's Day Sale. Kudos to her! Talk about customer service! So, we decided to go check out this bed and see if it was in the cards for us this time around. We walked into the store. Instantly, my eyes connected with the bed of my dreams and instantly the love we shared was rekindled. It was magic. Fireworks and all. It didn't take much convince to get Jake on board. The bed was on closeout and 50% off. Actually, it took no convincing. He was actually having to talk me into it.
We decided to go with a king size bed. You know, Jake does smell. Actually, with Makenzie, who joins us to sleep very rarely, we welcomed the extra room with no hesitation. But wait, our bedroom furniture is only a queen. OH, Darn. It was actually a glorious moment. You see, our bedroom furniture is definite hand-me-downs and it has been around the block for a few decades now. So, finally after 6 years of marriage we join the ranks of adulthood and have an actual bedroom furniture set that is ALL ours! We picked out rustic, yet still more western looking furniture. And it is absolutely GORGEOUS, if I may say so myself! Thankfully, we took the horse trailer down with us to the furniture store as there would have been no way on earth it would have all fit into the bed of the pickup.
Tip for all of those light weight wimps like us out there in the world: Big, heavy, awkward furniture boxes are difficult to move into a house. SO, rolling the boxes is a very effective and easy way to accomplish the task. Just saying. Progress update at this point: the new furniture is moved in. The old furniture is crying in Jake's video game room feeling like social rejects awaiting their new fate: CRAIGSLIST. And for 4 long, miserable nights we slept on our old mattresses on the floor awaiting our newest purchase.
Yesterday the boxes finally arrived. After about an hour of super difficult, sweat drenched, back breaking work our bed was assembled. (Seriously, it was really easy. And bonus, Jake and I are so much smarter than the direction book that we actually found a mistake) I have to tell you how wonderful it was to sit on our new bed. As we laid there adjusting our sides of the bed we were in total bliss. I can't believe we finally could put a big huge permanent marker line through NEW BED on our WANTS CHECKLIST.
So, we went to bed willingly for the first evening in probably forever. The test was still to come. I have had so many back issues after becoming pregnant with Makenzie. Typically I wake up every morning barely able to get out of bed from the pain that shoots up my back. Normally around noon, I finally get the majority of the kinks out and then we do it again the next day. My side of the bed had almost no air in it when we went to bed because of all the pressure I felt from the built up tension in my back. I felt like I was sleeping in a foam hammock. When we reluctantly got out of bed after an extremely peace full, well rested night of sleep, my back didn't hurt. It was very stiff but there was no pain. Maybe Jake was right for once and this bed is long overdue and well deserved. Keep that last statement a little quiet. Don't need him thinking I listen to him or that he is right every now and then. It will so go to his head.
Even as I am writing this today, I am longing to be home, in my PJ's, watching TV with my peeps. Aaahhh...to be home right now. All we need now is our new bedding (Love ya Mom!), new lamps and a few pictures for the walls. I already know what I want to put in the room. Now I just have to let go of a little more money and I will have one room complete! Finally after 6 years, one room in my house will be completely done.
Boy, I can't wait to 1- have friends and family over to show off and 2- start on the next project the LIVING ROOM.

1 comment:

  1. I want to see the pictures, pictures, pictures of the bedroom set and mattress!!! I'm so glad that your back doesn't hurt as much! You definately should have done something before this if you hurt that bad!

    ReplyDelete